Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Thursday: That's One Colorful CSUF Student!


I don't know about you, but I enjoy "Throwback Thursday" pics on fave social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I enjoy checking out a snapshot of someone from "back in the day." It's a great way to connect to friends and followers, a fun time to see how well you styled your outfits, and then a perfect time to giggle at yourself when you didn't do so well in the fashion department. This pic is from 2002 (I believe), which is posted on a few of my profiles. I was 22 in Vegas with some girlfriends for no particular reason except to have fun and escape reality! I was not a slave to wearing glasses as my eyesight was way better, having worked at Nordstrom at the time and didn't live behind the computer, and I was obsessed with wearing long braids and a hot, red lip.

This is also a picture of me from my college days when I was the editor-in-chief of TUSK Magazine at CSUF! That experience changed my life and helped me focus on what I wanted to do with myself. So this particular photo makes me smile because yes, makeup overload (Yikes!), but also because it depicts me at a point when I was figuring myself out. I'm sure at that very moment I was more excited about the vodka and soda water in my hand and the cute boys around me versus the article deadlines looming in the newsroom on campus...but you get my message! 

If we're not connected already, let's do so on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (@goodgirlshops).

Enjoy your day! xo







No comments: