Thursday, April 15, 2010
Top 5 Reasons Why I Blog
I have been blogging since February '07. And I must say that creating this blog, which was originally titled "Diary of a Personal Shopper," has been life-changing. I have met some of the most fabulous fashion, health, and beauty bloggers, while building solid friendships in the process. So as I sit back now, three years later, I can't help but think about why I enjoy blogging.
Here are the top 5 reasons why I blog:
1. I love to share what I know. With experience as a personal shopper, both on my own and for a major retail establishment, I enjoy providing information, tips, quizzes, contests, and interviews regarding all that I deem important in fashion.
2. You -- my readers! I love receiving comments and getting your feedback on my posts. It shows that you care and that you share my passions.
3. It takes away a dull day. Ever have those days when nothing seems right? When I sit at my computer and stare at my blank page, I become giddy with the idea that I can fill it up with my words. My words. Before, I know it, joy has filled the room and no matter what, I feel pride knowing that I decided to make it a productive day.
4. It helps to define who I am. Those who regularly visit my blog have gotten to know me. You have learned that I whole-heartedly believe in shopping on a budget, adore Gwen Stefani, and try to find balance in my life as a workaholic. My blog is a place where I can be upfront and honest. This is my diary (hence, the original idea behind "Diary of a Personal Shopper").
5. It's fun! When a reader wins a contest, I think I am more excited than they are! I love making a person's day. In between showing my styling skills using Polyvore and giving tips about shopping sales during the holidays, I like to shake things up a bit and throw in entertaining blog posts, such as "Who is Your Favorite Housewife?" Once blogging stops becoming fun, you may as well just stop doing it. This passion of mine brings me great rewards -- mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually.
So...why do YOU blog?
Photo Credit: http://www.zazzle.co.uk