Sunday, March 7, 2010

'Vintage Glo' Jewelry: For that Hollywood Sparkle




Kaylene Peoples, the editor-in-chief of Agenda Magazine, recently introduced me to the jewelry designs of Gloria Bass -- Vintage Glo. And I can't take my eyes off of her creations. Her love of antiques (since she was 10 years old) is clear. Gloria's pieces are precious, versatile, and lively, attracting a variety of celeb clientele.

Therefore, her talent inspired me to reach out and ask her a few questions. I HAD to dig deeper to find out some more about Gloria and the amazing Vintage Glo.



Who was your first celebrity client? I can only imagine your rush of excitement!

Anastasia Brown, executive music producer...OMG, she called me on the phone to personally thank me and for me to keep up the great designs and she loved her piece and will wear it...It was sooo surreal.


What an accomplishment to be a vendor at the Golden Globes! How did that come to be?

I got to be part of the Golden Globes with the help of my Publicist Kaylene Peoples.


How have you kept your head up in the competitive industry of fashion?

With my designs being one-of-a-kind, I really never have felt I had to compete. I create what comes to mind and don't ever look at fashion magazines to see what the trend is. I have my own trend and look.


Who inspires your sense of style?

Loving antiques and the love of decorating my home inspires me to decorate my jewelry in my own style.


Your designs offer beautiful, dramatic appeal, but I can imagine many women would feel like they couldn't pull it off. What tips would you give women on how to find the best pieces of jewelry to fit their personalities?

When you see a piece and say OMG.....I HAVE TO HAVE THAT....then you will wear it.


What have you learned thus far?

I have learned that it takes a lot of work getting yourself in the face of the big world of Fashionistas, but as long as I keep loving my work, it's all worth it!!





Photo Credit:
Rings courtesy of GBK, mannequin with necklace by Jeff Linett, Arun Nevader/Getty Images -- From the Gifting Lounge: Top (L) Jordin Sparks, (R) Sara Hyland, Bottom (L) Gloria Bass and Deidre Hall, (R) Shar Jackson)

2 comments:

All Women Stalker said...

I love how she said that she doesn't look at magazines to see what the trends are. Now, that's an original artist and designer!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Super cute! I love vintage jewelry. I am a sucker for pearls =)