Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kickboxing to Kick a Bad Habit


I completed my first kickboxing class today at the gym. My friend Andrea ("Dre") and Jana speak so highly of it that it was time I took part in the madness. And while I don't necessarily -- or at ALL -- resemble the chick in this pic, I felt pretty hot sweating and looking tough in the class. I mean it sooooo does a body good. Of course, at some points, I mixed up steps and had to stand aside and let Dre show me how things are done. But I stayed with it, sweat like crazy, and was so proud that I decided to choose a workout this evening instead of good 'ol Parliaments.

So this will be my regular Wednesday 6:30 pm class amongst my 3-4 days working out doing cardio. I'm still determined to get back into the fit shape I used to be so very proud of.

Now....first up: some fabulous, comfy kickboxing workout clothes. Yay! That is one area where I rarely splurge. It's time I finally give in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would enjoy that class!!! It always kicks my butt, but I am sooo addicted.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting the kickboxing class, though that photo just scares me (I'm too lazy to be that buff LOL).

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

No more smking! Congrats for going to the class, I've heard Dre explain how intense it is, good for you!

Nkenge said...

OMG!!!! I took a kickboxing class and its prety much the reason I married my husband. I was soooo dead after the class I almost didn't make it home. So when I got home he called and I was pretty much not that into him but I was layed out on my sofa and couldnt get up. I told him I was stuck and he came over and rubbed be back to life. I was totally in debt to him. we talked and talked as he rubbed my back. We started talking and dating on a regular basis.

By the way I never went back to kickboxing.