Sunday, December 23, 2007

Body Butter Was an Option...

. ..BUT because I was shopping for my boyfriend's employees (so they would technically be from him), body butter, moisturizers, bath salts, etc...seemed to personal for a man to give to a staff of 10 ladies. Not only would I feel uncomfortable knowing that my boyfriend got all of "his girls" some sort of personal skincare products; the last thing I would want is for any of THEM to feel uncomfortable either.

So after spending only $24 in only 30 minutes (whoo hoo! I beat my predicted time of an hour...and I still have a teeny bit of gas left..), I walked out of "The Dollar Tree" happy with my purchases. Of course, I would prefer to have walked out of Target or Macy's with the same smile on my face, but due to my boyfriend's last-minute request of needing 10 gifts for 10 employees, I'll be honest: I planned to find quality gifts for cheap prices. And that's what I did.


Here is a list of my purchases:



  • 12 mini-gift bags with a shiny quality in purple, gold, red, green, and silver (they came in packs of 3, so I was forced to go with 4 sets)


  • A 30-sheet pack of multi-colored tissue paper


  • 10 Cinnabon chocolate turtles in individual, sophisticated packaging


  • 10 mini-address books with swirly black and red prints and a nice clasp


  • 2 packs of 10 candle votives in pumpkin and vanilla (so each person gets 1 of each!)
Now my only challenge left is after I gift everything together, I will need to find a nice big bag that he can bring the gifts in. Just putting it in his backpack is not gonna cut it ("As IF" - in the voice of Cher from Clueless)! Smash the cute gift bags, I don't think so. Yes, he actually wanted to do this.

So, with a series of "I Love You's" assuring me of his appreciation, I will now lay everything out and get started.

Ever want to duck and hide in The Dollar Tree or the 99 Cent Store? I used to, until I realized that everyone there has the same goal: getting more by spending less.

Mission accomplished!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great shopping Elana!! I'm sure Steve's employees loved the gifts. I am definitely a 99 cent store regular too!