Friday, February 9, 2007

Who is this Chick?


I am Elana Brin Pruitt -- the self-proclaimed Good Girl Gone Shopping. I live to inspire, shop sales, chat about amazing fashion brands, make friends with clearance racks, and interview people who do really cool things in fashion, beauty, and entertainment. Since I created this blog in 2007, as an extension of an early personal shopping venture (originally launched as "Diary of a Personal Shopper"),  I have stayed true to my gut belief; I believe that everyone deserves A-list customer service and fabulous pieces at any budget! You can find awesome items at Nordstrom and Target, and I'm proud to be a resource in communicating some of the best LA-based spots to shop!

One's image truly is an extension of one's personality, so I believe that it's important to explore fashion with an open mind. On Good Girl Gone Shopping, you will find a diverse range of articles that are all relevant to style, in one way or another.

An ethical journalist by trade (and heart), I have had several amazing opportunities over the years. This includes sitting at Los Angeles Fashion Week as well as New York Fashion Week shows, attending designers' private showcases, and interviewing many influential figures. Some of my interviews are exclusive to Good Girl Gone Shopping and some live in Agenda Magazine -- the publication that first made room for my writing and launched my career just four months after graduating college in 2004. Throughout the years, I have chatted with such names as: Betsey Johnson, Steve Madden, Jeannie MaiLisa Kline, Cookie Johnson, Kristi Yamaguchi, Daisy GonzalezKinsey Schofield, Lydia McLaughlin, "Mama Joyce," Katie MaloneyQT Jazz, Mimi FaustKevan HallAli LevineKristen Dorsey, Neicy Small, Kimberly Friedmutter, and Latasha Brize.

Not one to (ever) conform to fashion rules or pigeonhole myself into a niche or crowd, you will notice that Good Girl Gone Shopping is not a traditional fashion, style, or shopping blog in any sense. I have random (educated) thoughts, and I tend to deliver them in that way.

With a bachelor's degree in print journalism and a minor in speech communications from California State University, Fullerton (2004), I am also a freelance copywriter and social media content contributor.

It all started with a 7-year old girl who was unable to close her Hello Kitty journal and put down her pencil...

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about this chick! Feel free to contact me. I am available for interviews, commentaries, collaborative projects, and freelance opportunities. I personally respond to all emails.