Sunday, May 30, 2010

Boyfriend Band Tees



So I love wearing my boyfriend's band tees! His Rolling Stones and AC/DC black tees are my fave. Slightly oversized, worn-in, and comfy, I especially go in his drawers on the weekend when it's time to run errands, clean, or shop! Lately, however, I have been dressing them up with other pieces, besides jeans. I have worn them with a blazer and slacks, pencil skirt and heels, and even leggings and boots. While this style is not new to the scene (celebs such as Lindsay Lohan and Mary Kate Olsen are known to flaunt this grunge-like look), it's one of those effortless styles that are fun and edgy.

But what if you don't have a partner whose closet you can ransack? Well, head on over to local spots that carry rock tees (whether actual band tees or graphic tees that are rock-inspired). For worn-in band shirts, your local thrift store or vintage hot spot is likely to have great finds, while Hot Topic offers the smell and feel of newness. For rock-inspired tees with music elements and slogans, check out Forever 21, Target, Urban Outfitters, and some of the other sites featured above.

Rock on!

2 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love 1/2 of those bands! The only thing that could make the image better? A Souls shirt ;)

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

I found the tees through Polyvore.com! I should have looked harder for a Souls tee. lol