Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Do you REALLY need a vacation?

(Photo Credit: www.picpuddle.com)
When was the last time you thought to yourself, "Well, what's the point anyway?"

How often do you feel like just throwing in the towel on your creative passion because it's not paying the bills (right now)?

Have you ever looked at your wardrobe and suddenly lost all interest in showing the fun side of your personality?

Over the years, as a writer, editor, and social media content developer (see my bio), I've gained surges of inspiration at random times...and lost inspiration at random times nearly as quickly. Fortunately, I've gained some incredible lessons along the way and learned how to maintain a balance and create a life that I truly enjoy. But it sorta takes practice to get to a point where your desire to work long hours on a project outweighs your desire to escape from it all merely to sit on a beach somewhere and sip mojitos. (Although that does sound pretty fabulous.) I mean, isn't this quote from the incredible author, entrepreneur, marketer, and public speaker Seth Godin sooooo right on? When I came across it, I realized that it's my duty to not only be the 'Good Girl Gone Shopping' but to be the 'Good Girl Gone...Resourceful.' I love spreading the idea that you can always make a change and embark on a journey so that you can experience the life you actually want.

Every decision that you make in life contributes to the overall climate of your happiness or sorrow. I haven't been on a vacation in years (...ummm...at all?), and I didn't make it to my favorite So Cal beaches this summer. That's major.

But it's all good...I sense an amazing tropical island trip on the horizon and another scorching hot summer before I know it.

No comments: