Friday, February 20, 2009

Holding a Grudge is Bad for My Complexion


Seriously.


There is a difference between letting something, or someone, go because it's just that time to move on...versus being uptight, upset, and just turning the other cheek to prove a point. The stress, the energy, and the time that you spend thinking about a person or situation that negatively affected your life is one way to be nostalgic. OR, you can look back at the positive things that came from it, even if it is just the lesson in itself.


I, myself, love gaining lessons from things gone bad, and I know firsthand how good it feels to find closure with situations on my time, within myself. The saying, "I wouldn't be who I am today had I not gone through that" really holds true.


A grudge puts you in bad moods and ultimately will affect your health, how you carry yourself, and will just do you no good. So I say live, love, and wear cute shoes (always!). And if you do say goodbye to the old, find it in your heart to say goodbye with the good times in the back of your mind versus the bad.


Just a look inside the diary of a personal shopper...

xoxoxo,
Elana

Photo Credit: About 3 years ago, having phone on a photo shoot

No comments: