Thursday, December 11, 2014

‘Tarte Cosmetics’ Waterproof Mascara to Hide My Sentiments of the Holidays Season!

(Photo Credit: www.tartecosmetics.com: "lights, camera, splashes waterproof mascara") 

I’m a Jewish chick who enjoys driving home from work while listening to Christmas music (sorry mom!). There’s something about the vibe of the holidays, good cheer, and nostalgia. Sometimes, I’ll cruise to the music with a light smile plastered on my face, but usually, I get sentimental and start remembering all of the drama from the years passed. Maybe it’ the way Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas is You” reminds me of the movie “Love Actually” and it’s many love stories regarding new love as well as betrayal that gets me misty-eyed. Or, maybe it’s just the beauty of Mariah’s incredible voice. Either way, because I’m by myself driving, I am fine letting the tears fall. But with tears, comes a yucky face…which glasses don’t always hide. And when I get home, my conspiracy-theorist boyfriend just wouldn’t get it.

Please note: I don’t cake on my makeup, especially at work. But the darkness under my eyes is usually quite apparent after a drive home listening to KOST 103.5. Runny makeup will do that to a girl!

So to help change the scenario of getting a yucky face – without having to change the radio dial – I suppose I could look into some new makeup. First up: waterproof mascara, as I definitely don’t leave home without a few swift strokes on my lashes. So working in a new brand to my collection of cosmetics could be good for me.

Tarte Cosmetics – the beauty company that is famous for its eco-chic beauty products – sells a $20 “lights, camera, splashes waterproof mascara.” Have you tried it before? According to its website, it offers “lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning benefits.” I will admit that I’m a 5 buck-mascara-from-Target kind of girl, but if a product is truly quality, I’m all for experimenting with it. My mom always tells me that as you get older, you lashes get thinner (Nooo!!). That said, I appreciate that this product is also said to “treat and protect your lashes.”

And because I’m a native SoCal girl who loves baring it at the beach more than being covered up with scarfs, beanies, and boots in the winter, a waterproof mascara would benefit my time in the water as well. That’s a given.

So…cheers to holiday music, having the chutzpah to admit I like it, and taking the first step to hide my (not-so-secret-anymore) guilty pleasure with a new beauty product!

If you’re a lover of Tarte Cosmetics, please do comment on this article and share which one you can’t live without!

No comments: